Leaking faucets can cause a waste of over 200 gallons of water each month. This waste also means a higher water bill.
Faucets are indispensable fixtures in the home that provide access to water in the kitchen or bathroom. When faucets get damaged or faulty, they can leak or work slowly. Any of these situations will affect your water bill or cause water damage. The sound of a leaky faucet can also be annoying at night. If you want to conserve water and restore the proper function of your faucets, you have to call a plumber for faucet repairs and installation.
Causes of Leaky or Dripping Faucet
A regular faucet is made of several small parts. When any of these parts break, the faucet becomes faulty. Common causes include:
- Problems in the O ring. The O ring is a small disc attached to the stem screw of the faucet. It can become loose or worn out due to overuse. If the cause of your leaky faucet is an O ring, it can be fixed by replacing it.
- A corroded valve seat. The valve seat connects the faucet and the spout, but it is subject to the accumulation of water sediments. This will cause the valve seat to corrode with time and leak.
- Worn out or wrongly installed washer. The washer is constantly in use and forced against the faucet’s valve seat. The friction causes the washer to wear out steadily until it starts to drip. Also, if the washer is not properly installed, or it is the wrong size, the faucet can leak.
Other causes include bad seals, broken hardware, and bad faucet cartridge.
How to Handle a Dripping Faucet
The process to repair a faucet or install a new one requires the expertise of a plumber. When you experience a leaky faucet, shut off the water supply. Then open the faucet for all the water to run out. Clean the area and call a plumber.
Why Choose Captain Plumber for Faucet Repairs and Installation
Faucets come in different custom designs and only an experienced plumber can fix any faulty faucets. Captain Plumber can meet any of your faucet repair or installation needs on any faucet brands. We can provide emergency services for your home or building projects. Our professional plumbers are highly skilled and equipped to get it right the first time. We make the process hassle-free for you. Our repair and installation services include:
- Kitchen sink faucets
- Bathroom sink faucets
- Wet bar faucets
- Tub faucets
- Shower faucets and shower heads
- Laundry and utility room faucets
- Outdoor faucets and hose bibs