A gas leak isn’t something to be taken lightly. Therefore you must make sure you choose the right company for gas line repairs and replacements. Captain Plumber is a plumbing company that guarantees excellent service. We work to save the day by getting it right the first time. With us at your service, you never have to fear recurring problems with your gas line.
Natural gas is an efficient and cost-effective choice for your home. Appliances like the kitchen stove, boilers, clothes dryers, and more run on natural gas. Hence, proper installation of gas lines is vital for safe and smooth operation.
What are the risks associated with gas lines?
- Gas line leaks
The gas pipes that service any area can leak. This can be caused by almost anything from accidents to improper maintenance and aging pipes. When this happens, exposure to natural gas can trigger several life-threatening issues.
Natural gas is highly flammable, and a leak poses the risk of fire or explosion. Health effects that may occur from exposure to this gas are dizziness, vomiting, fainting, headache, nausea, and even death.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that can be released from natural gas. It is hard to detect, but too much exposure poisons the body. To help you avoid this danger, we provide carbon monoxide detector installation and maintenance services.
What should I do when a gas leak occurs?
A gas leak can be easily detected by the distinct rotten egg smell of natural gas. If you observe this take the steps below:
- Shut off all gas valves.
- Do not light a match or allow a source of fire close to the location of the leak.
- Do not make a phone call in the gas leak area.
- Do not turn on any appliances
- Do not try to fix the problem yourself. Gas leaks are better left for professionals.
- Evacuate the area and call a plumber when you are a safe distance away.
Other signs of a gas leak are:
- Hissing sounds from any appliance connected to the gas line.
- Dead or fading plants in the area
- Experiencing symptoms of exposure such as dizziness and nausea.
Why I should worry about my gas line?
A gas line leak or improper installation is dangerous. You might think your gas lines are safe because of no problems in the past, but the factors that cause gas leaks and other issues differ. Factors like age, soil moisture, soil type, and rust or corrosion in the gas pipes can affect gas lines more than accidents. It is safer to be proactive with gas lines and prepared for any unexpected situations.
Captain Plumber can help!
A reliable and professional plumbing company can help you handle any repair or replacement issues with your gas line. We have your needs completely covered with our equipped, experienced, and insured team of professional plumbers. Captain Plumber provides an emergency service for sudden gas line problems. We are here to help keep you and your household safe.
- How Do You Know If A Gas Line Is On Or Off - When it comes to your safety, absolutely nothing else should matter - except it contributes to ensuring it! If your house uses natural gas, then it is important you know where your gas shut-off valve is located. It could mean the difference between life and death - literally. How can…