Avoid the panic of toilet clogs by calling on the best plumbing service, Captain Plumber!
When your toilet smells bad or won’t flush, it can set off great discomfort in the home or office. A plunger may seem like a worthy solution, but not all toilet clogs can be overcome by this tool.
The most common cause of clogged toilets is flushing down foreign or difficult items like diapers, toys, or paper towels. Another possible cause is the blocking of sewer line pipes. This might occur when trees or plants are grown on sewer lines and their roots develop downwards in search of a source of water.
Preventing toilet clogs
When toilet clogs occur, they become an emergency issue. The best course of action is to try avoiding such a situation in the first place. We encourage homeowners to use the following tips to prevent toilet clogs.
- Schedule routine maintenance. Routine maintenance on your entire plumbing system can save you immense cost, stress, and time in the long run. When your drains start working slowly or another plumbing fault develops, it is only a matter of time before they affect the efficiency of the toilet. Routine maintenance helps to prevent all of this.
- Don’t plant trees near the sewer line.
- Use eco-friendly cleaners. Eco-friendly cleaners are effective and dissolve easily. They are safer for your toilet.
- Place a garbage can in the bathroom. To avoid flushing things like diapers down the toilet, place garbage cans beside it. Enforce rules for others in the home to use it.
- Don’t allow little children to play or use the toilet without supervision.
Call your local plumber
DIY on clogged toilets often make the situation worse. When you notice this problem, call a professional plumber immediately. At Captain Plumber, we are available around the clock to attend to your emergency needs and restore your peace of mind. We can effectively diagnose and fix the problem. Our plumbers will inform you if a replacement or repair is needed.